Sunday, May 3, 2015

Because my life isn't complicated enough?

I started with a rash and hives about 4 days ago, about the time I started walking outdoors without a jacket on, and every time I went outside the hives seemed to get worse. They are just on my arms, though, it's really weird. It's painful, and all I want to do is scratch them, I think I need to wear mittens. lol I've been taking benadryl for the itching and using a cold compress to help relieve the pain, but I couldn't take it anymore and had to see a Dr today to see if I could hopefully get some additional relief and to see if I was going crazy. Well, moreso than normal.

I was told that I could be having a delayed reaction to the chemo/radiation. But I only did chemo for a week, I protested. It doesn't matter, he said, especially since I wasn't compatible to the chemo. Since I ended my treatment at a time of year that I was wearing jackets, and this week is my first time in the sun without one, I may simply be having a delayed reaction to photosensitivity, or a sun allergy.

Seriously? You have GOT to be kidding me. And how do we rule out environmental allergies, Dr? Well, he first wants me to suffer by spending time outside this week walking in this hot weather in long sleeves, so my skin is not exposed to the sun. If it is environmental, I will continue to break
out, if it is photosensitivity, it will clear up. In the meantime, I'll be suffering the heat while on 2 medications that make it difficult for me to sweat or tell when I'm dehydrated. If there was EVER a time to say F.M.L. The time is now.


~TF


P.S Here is a picture (albeit a bit shadowy and blurry) of the hives that are all over both of my arms right now. They don't go away regardless of how much benedryl I take. And the markings are much more red than the picture shows but it's hard to take a photo of your own arms. :)

3 comments:

  1. Jeez T, it's just one thing after another 😓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that way and I wish it weren't. Kicking and screaming some days but I'm on this side of the grass.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete